Friday, January 23, 2009
I'm four days overdue and going INSANE!!! I have been keeping myself busy working on these pillows for the baby's room and they are finally done. I have never done applique like this before, so I had no idea how they would turn out, but I have to say that I am very happy with the result.
I started with two chartreuse pillow covers from IKEA. ($7.99 each)
A little sketch I did of the birdie pillow.
I sketched some patterns on cardboard for the bird pillow. The flower pillow I just cut out freehand.
I pulled some fabric from a bin that I keep of all the scraps from vintage dresses that I hem. There were some really fun retro prints that went with the colors in the room. I then traced the pattern on fabric and cut it out.
Next, I glued all the pieces in place with fabric tac.
I added some matching embroidery thread and buttons to finish off the project.