Valentine's Day is quickly approaching and nothing says "I love you" more than a handmade dessert and a little DIY action! It's funny, I didn't think of it until now, but the cake below is a perfect representation of Jeff and I as a couple. He's the classic cake, handsome, reliable and consistent. I'm the silly garland with lots of color and mood. Together we make a beautiful couple!
This was such a fun project! It took a little time, but it turned out so cute. Here's how to make your own Valentine Cake Garland using Airheads Candy.
- Supplies: Airheads (I used white mystery, cherry and pink lemonade), wax paper, x-acto knife, bakers twine, scissors, tape and two stripey straws.
- Cut the airheads into triangles using the scissors.
- Using the x-acto knife, cut out the letters for your message and poke holes in either side of each triangle (holes don't have to look perfect, the twine will hide imperfections).
- Wrap a small piece of tape around the end of the twine and thread through the triangles.
- Cut twine to desired length and tie either end to a straw.
- When placing on cake, be sure to angle the straws for a nice drape.
I entered this project into the Craft Your Valentine Contest, so if you'd take a second to click over and vote for me, that would be great! Happy Valentine's Day!